Venmo is one of the most popular mobile payment systems similar to PayPal in the United States for pay-to-people and pay-to-business payments. Using your iPhone or Android smartphone, you can send money easily.
From there, you can transfer money to anyone using a debit card, credit card, or bank account linked to the app.
A balance must be present in your Venmo account to complete a payment transaction. Without external payment methods, such as a bank account or credit card, it cannot be used.
Here’s How to Send Money on Venmo
You can make a payment with Venmo by following these steps:
- Open Venmo app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Google Play and the App Store offer the app for download.
- In the app, sign in to your Venmo account. Before confirming your account, you may need to enter the code sent by Venmo to your phone number.
- Click the hamburger icon, In the top left corner of the app.
- Then, select Settings.
- Select the payment icon in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Enter the username of the person you want to pay in the textbox. The list of friends can also be found by scrolling down. A QR code from another Venmo user can also be scanned.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
- Describe the reason for the payment here in a brief note, including emoji, Snapchat’s Bitmoji, and Holler stickers..
- Make sure you’re sending funds from the desired account and tap the ‘Pay‘ button to submit.
- At the end of the process, you can choose how you want to pay – you can use a credit card, debit card, or bank account connected to Venmo.
- After you have checked everything, tap “Pay” at the bottom of the page. A confirmation email will be sent to you, and the transaction will appear on your Venmo profile page.
I hope after reading this guide you pay someone on Venmo successfully. If you have any confusion about Venmo you can visit our Venmo-related section. Also, share your feedback in the comment section 😊.
About Venmo Service Fees
For basic services, Venmo doesn’t charge a fee. For basic services:
- Money can be sent using your Venmo balance, debit card, or linked bank account.
- You can receive your money through Venmo or our standard bank transfer option.
- Using your credit card to send money to people, 3%
- Withdrawal by electronic means (Instant Transfer), 1%
FAQs Venmo payment method
How long does it take to send money on Venmo?
The recipient should receive the funds from Venmo immediately.
It may take a little longer for the app to transfer money from the bank account to a credit or debit card.
When you add money to your Venmo balance from linked accounts or withdraw money from a linked account to your Venmo account, the funds can take one to three business days to appear.
What info do I give someone to pay me on venmo?
- Send your Venmo user name or your Venmo email or phone number to the sender.
- Alternatively, you can provide your Venmo scan code to them in person, by text message, email or AirDrop (iOS only).
- You will receive the money in your Venmo account.
Will Venmo payments be available for desktop transactions?
Venmo is only available on mobile. Using the Venmo website on desktop, you can still check your balance, settings, and statements.
How to pay someone on venmo without an account?
You cannot send money to someone if you do not have a Venmo account.
In case you don’t have a Venmo account, here are some alternative methods of paying someone. Cash App, Google Pay, PayPal, Zelle and more.
Why cant i transfer money from Venmo?
You cannot make an instant transfer if your bank account or debit card is listed as a payment method but greyed out when you attempt to do so.
How do I send money on venmo?
To pay or request through Venmo, tap on the “Pay or Request” button, then enter their friend’s username, phone number, or email address in the top box.
How to get access to venmo balance?
- Choose the single person icon in the top right and select the Settings gear to go to the “You” tab.
- Next, select “Payment Methods.”
- “Venmo Balance” appears at the top of the screen if you have access to the feature.
Can’t use venmo balance to pay?
While you can still receive payments on Venmo and transfer the money to a bank account if you have no balance on the account, you cannot use the money in the account to make payments on Venmo until your identity is verified.
Also Read About Venmo:
You can also view our Venmo guide.